Monday, July 25, 2011

WEIGH-IN-MONDAY?????????????


Well I lost 3 lbs this week, it’s another good start. I just wanted to tell you what happened yesterday. First of all I got up and ate my cereal, milk and fruit, good start right. Then about 1 o’clock and I was having a bad time thinking about everything I use to eat that was not good for me and craving it something fierce, and I gave in. I ate 2 slices of baloney on 2 pieces of bread, first bread I have had. I thought well I’ve done it. I fought hard not to go back in that kitchen and pull out another 2 slices of bread and baloney so I could stuff my face, but I didn’t. I pulled out some rice and chicken and ate about 1 cut of that and then I thought well you’ve done it now. Then I decided to go lie down and read and try to get my mind off of the kitchen and what was lurking in there that I could eat. That helped. But I had to get back up right, couldn’t hide from the kitchen all evening. So I got my nerve up and got up and my husband asks “what do you want for supper”. I just looked at him and said oh I don’t know. He says, I’m going to fix me some hot dogs, and I said oh okay. So I ate 2 hot dogs and ½ cup pork & beans. Oh I new I had blown it now.



My daughter messaged me and asked how I was doing, how could I answer her and tell her what I had eaten today, I knew I was over my calorie count. So I decided to call her because I needed some encouragement to go on. And she said mom, I think your okay. I said really, you do think I’ve not gone over my calories for the day. She said I don’t think so, that made me excited so as soon as I got off the phone, I went to my computer on calorie count and typed everything I had eaten and you will never believe I had not gone over the 1600 calories for the day. I was so delighted that I had not gone over, so the root of this story is that I was so afraid I had messed up and I did by the all the fat content I ate and it sure was not healthy food, but I still had that desire not to go over my calorie count which I think is good.


The reason I was lurking in the kitchen was because I was bored, upset, and a little angry. Remember the Halt thing I shared with you, but I didn’t halt. Now I think about this I see what was going on inside my head and my feeling. Maybe it will help next time when this comes about.



Image Hosting by PictureTrail.com

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi mom! I am so proud of you with overcoming a not so good day with eating and moving on. I should apologize because I know that I am the reason for your upset/angry feelings. I should 'halt' prior to saying certain things to you as I know you are in a fragile state and I am sure that I helped in hindering/sabotaging your eating habits yesterday! However just think Thursday is right around the corner and your water walking will be back on track. I love you and am so proud of what you are doing! You are an amazing woman!

Pat said...

Hey girl, you didn't upset me, I was that way anyway. Just a bad couple days. But I'm back on track today. Thanks for the encourgement. Love you
Mom

Thank you for being such an inspiration to me and others around you. said...

nice information.It's so important to realize that every time you get upset, it drains your emotional energy.